av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Friday, June 20, 2008

    EMILY'S SUMMER READING PICKS
    I've taken it upon myself to choose 1-2 favorite books from each grade list of the Framingham Public Schools. Many of the lists have more than 2 books that I like, but I'll just recommend a couple (except from the MS long list), anyway. Here goes....

    Grade 6:
    The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm
    Surviving the Applewhites

    Grade 7:
    Pictures of Hollis Woods
    Petey

    Grade 8:
    Hope Was Here
    Monster

    Long List
    :
    Supernaturalist
    Coraline
    Silent to the Bone
    Hero and the Crown
    Flush

    Grade 9:
    Ender's Game
    Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes
    (Also, Twilight & The Book Thief)

    Grade 10:
    Golden Compass
    *Into the Wild

    Grade 11:
    Angel of Darkness
    *The Third Witch

    Grade 12:
    Brave New World
    Zenzele: A Letter for My Daughter

    * denotes a book I haven't read yet, but hope to!

    (I especially love the lists for grades 7-9 -- so if you're reading from one of these lists, you're lucky!)

    So there you have it -- what I would read for summer reading this year, if I were to read two books from each list. Hope it's useful for you -- there are SO many great options! Happy Summer Reading!

    Labels: ,



    Comments:
    Thought I’d throw in a few of my picks too:

    6th grade: Heaven
    7th grade: Ties that Bind, Ties that Break
    8th grade: Totally with Emily on Monster and Hope Was Here
    9th grade: The First Part Last (and Twilight and The Book Thief)
    10th grade: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
    11th grade: My Sister’s Keeper
    12th grade: The Life of Pi
    MS Long List: (So many good ones!) Little Women; Before We Were Free (I really loved this one); Corner of the Universe; The Teacher’s Funeral
     
    Post a Comment
    1 comments