av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Wednesday, May 28, 2008

    FROM THE INTERN
    Hi everyone, I’m the new intern in the Teen section at the library. I’ll be here this summer doing… well, pretty much whatever Emily asks me to do! If I can help you with anything while I’m around, please let me know!

    I just read Heaven by Angela Johnson. It's the story of 14-year-old Marley (a girl) who lives in the tiny town of Heaven, Ohio. Her life is pretty decent until the day her parents receive a letter addressed to Monna Floyd. Marley has no idea who Monna Floyd is, but the letter changes her life and makes her question everything she knows about her family. The story starts out a little slow, but it gets really interesting. Heaven is on the 6th grade summer reading list, and is pretty short, so you might want to check it out. By the way, Angela Johnson also wrote a book called The First Part Last, which is a spin-off novel (about one of Marley’s friends) and is also really good.

    ~Erin

    *A note from Emily: The First Part Last is also on the summer reading list -- for 9th grade.

    Labels: , ,



    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments