av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Tuesday, April 22, 2008

    BOOKENDS: Unwind
    Unwind by Neal Shusterman
    After the second Civil War, the Bill of Life was created, making it possible and legal for guardians to give up their child of 13-17 years for unwinding -- that is, the bodies of troublesome or unwanted teens could be harvested for parts, legally and lawfully. Connor, Risa, and Lev are three of these teens -- and they become unlikely companions when two of them try to escape their unwinding. Together they run from the authorities and discover the Graveyard, but not before their group is torn apart by betrayal.
    The premise and plot of this book are wonderful -- gripping, thrilling, intriguing. Begs the question "How would I feel if my parents authorized my unwinding?" And I enjoyed the book -- I was definitely kept interested. The style of the telling I found a little difficult to handle -- every couple pages the point of view changes between characters, and not just the main characters, which is good and bad. Also, a number of typos distracted. Overall, however, a great futuristic thriller adventure.
    Y FICTION Shusterman

    Labels: , , , ,



    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments