av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Saturday, December 22, 2007

    READING JUST BECAUSE
    I just wanted to mention a few things about stuff I'm reading (or have read). Sometime in the recent past I mentioned the first book of the Books of Pellinor quartet by Alison Croggon -- that series of wonderful epic fantasy that reminds me of Tamora Pierce, Robin McKinley, and JRR Tolkien. I read the second, and found it almost as good as the first, and now I'm looking forward to reading the third over vacation. Wheee -- now, if she would only get the fourth out within the next couple of weeks.... I highly recommend this fantasy set!

    My in-between reading this week has been Territory by Emma Bull. We don't own it yet, but I hope to get it when it goes to paperback. This was an intriguing take on the Wild West and the city of Tombstone, complete with Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, and other famous names. But it's not just a western -- it's also a fantasy! Deep-seated magic, powerful and consuming, yet somehow understated meets the wild wild west....

    Labels: , ,



    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments