av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Wednesday, October 03, 2007

    BOOKENDS: Nick & Norah
    Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
    "I know this is going to sound strange, but would you mind being my girlfriend for the next five minutes?" That's Nick's question to Norah when he sees his ex-girlfriend approaching him in the club where his band just played with her new guy. Norah's response? The best kiss either one of them has ever experienced though they don't necessarily realize it at the moment. Thus begins their long night together, a first date in and out of music clubs, trains, hotels, restaurants, and bathrooms; a first date of love and hate, confusion, certainty, laughter, tears, anger, fun, and more. Told by Nick *and* Norah.
    So, I admit I loved this book, despite myself and my regular reading tastes. Nick and Norah were fabulous, so real that I continued thinking about their frenetic, confused plights even when I didn't have the book in hand; and the supporting cast was great. It's a thoroughly enjoyable read -- fast-paced and totally engaging. But, for those of you who need to know, be aware of the swearing (the f-bomb goes off every couple of words) and the sexuality in this book.
    Visit the website.
    Be sure to catch Cohn's and Levithan's newest collaboration Naomi & Ely's No Kiss List.
    Y FICTION Cohn

    Labels: , , , ,



    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments