av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Thursday, August 30, 2007

    BOOKS FOR THE WEEK
    Since I'll be out for a week or so, I thought I'd just list up a few books that are recent arrivals or have some point of particular interest. I regret the lack of pictures, but my grab-picture technique is out of sync tonight.
    M is for Magic by Neil Gaiman (just saw Stardust, and while it wasn't quite what I had hoped, it was still a good bit of fun)
    Land of the Silver Apples by Nancy Farmer (sequel to Sea of Trolls, which I quite liked)
    Faith & Doubt : an anthology of poems , edited by Patrice Vecchione (belief and doubt and faith and questions are an ever-intriguing set of topics)
    Sara's Face by Melvin Burgess (a little plastic surgery can completely change your life...)
    Monochrome Days by Cait Irwin (a first-hand account of a teen's experience with depression)
    Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (OK, so it's one of most popular books out right now, but you can hardly go wrong)
    5 Novels by Daniel Pinkwater (the cover is deceiving, but check out these titles: Alan Mendelsohn, the Boy from Mars -- Slaves of Spiegel -- The Snarkout Boys and the Avocado of Death -- The last guru -- Young Adult Novel -- what fun!)

    And there you have it. A few books to occupy you.
    Perhaps I'll get a post out next week. Until then, enjoy the long weekend (and remember that we're closed Saturday, Sunday, and Monday)!

    Labels: , , , ,



    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments