av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Wednesday, June 20, 2007

    THE PLAIN JANES
    I just wanted to make a couple short comments on this entertaining graphic novel without delving too deeply into the plot or anything. I read this yesterday during lunch -- and it made me laugh and think and want to better the world a little. It's a fun joining of illustration, story, art, angst, and happy teen rebellion.
    Art Saves! After a serious catastrophe in Metro City, moving to a new city, and not finding friends to fit in with, Jane decides to decorate her new city with neighbourhood art -- and start the group the P.L.A.I.N. Janes (People Loving Art in Neighborhoods). But soon, people start to think these random works of art are attacks on the safety of the city, the police get involved, new curfews and rules are passed for the teens, and amidst all of her other struggles, Jane has to figure out the answer -- does art really save?
    P.L.A.I.N. Janes by Cecil Castellucci
    See also the DC Comics page

    Labels: , ,



    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments