av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Tuesday, April 25, 2006

    STILL IN BRAZIL
    So, a photo -- without me, of course, because I seem to get surprise visits to the libraries -- on the days my hair is a little out of control and all that jazz -- you know how it is. But here's a library in Frederico Westphalen (at the university) -- they opened the library on that holiday weekend just for me. I find it intriguing that they also use the Dewey Decimal System -- so, if you learn it in Massachusetts, you can find books anywhere in the world!
    I actually made it to a public library today in Horizontina. It was fabulous, also, with a small historical museum. Most of these libraries don't have tons of materials, but they do have some things available; though much of it is old. Makes me proud of our wonderful library! The librarians are always happy to meet another.
    Meanwhile, not getting much reading done, but I will have a slew of information packets about various schools and such in Rio Grande do Sul.

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments