av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Tuesday, March 21, 2006

    BOOK MOVING
    This morning I'm taking a little time to move some of our "new" nonfiction into the regular fiction stacks -- they've passed their time for being new. But there's definitely some good stuff here, like When the Spririts Dance Mambo by Marta Moreno Vega, a bio on Ray Bradbury, a guide for writing for the movies, Snowboarding Skills, a bio of Andy Warhol: Prince of Pop, a basic reptiles & amphibians handbook, a teenage girl's survival guide, Growing Up in Slavery (stories by young slaves), a book on the culture of beauty, Boy vs Girl, and of course, there were more -- so if one of those nonfiction books you've been looking for is no longer on the *new* shelf, take a look for it upstairs -- it's probably with the regular nonfiction now.

    MOVIE WATCHING
    I saw Howl's Moving Castle this weekend. And while I'll admit that I'm not a particularly huge fan of anime, the fact that it was based on a fantasy novel and starred the voices of lots of my favourites (and it was recommended to me by one of teens that comes to the library), I decided I had to take it home and watch it. Despite the fact that I've never read Diana Wynne Jones' book (maybe I shouldn't admit that!) -- or maybe because I haven't -- I quite enjoyed it. It was a great animated film about magic and adventure and war and love and courage. It's a good way to spend a few hours.

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments