av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Wednesday, February 01, 2006

    BOOKENDS
    A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb
    Not your usual ghost story. Not your usual story of possession. Helen has been haunting for over 100 years, invisible to the human eye and all but unknown to her hosts. And then one day she feels them -- human eyes are looking at her and they see her. Nervous but intrigued, Helen makes contact with the human boy, only to discover that possessing this boys body is a spirit like her. Love ensues, but how can a spirit possessiong a body hold and kiss and love one without? So they set out to find her a body. Now two spirits possessing young bodies must learn how to cope with the modern world and the former lives of their bodies while dealing with their consuming love.
    I was less than intrigued after the first few pages, though maybe I just wasn't in the mood to start a new read. However, after the first chapter or so, I was quite pulled in and swept through the rest of the book with pleasure. It was a good ghost & love story, completely different than what I was expecting.
    YPB Whitcomb

    So now I'm trying to figure out what to read next. I just checked out A Bad Boy Can Be Good for a Girl, but I feel like I should probably read something else -- maybe something appealing to another set of interests.... But this one should be quick and then I can pick up something else.

    Meg Cabot has a new book out. We just got it, but it's already being sent across the network. Get a reserve on Avalon High if you're a Meg Cabot fan!

    Comments:
    Hi Emily,
    I really like your blog. This is just a test to show a patron how blogs work.
    Thanks,
    Marcy
     
    Post a Comment
    1 comments