av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Tuesday, January 24, 2006

    CHECK OUT THESE GREAT NEW BOOKS!!!
    Wow! We just received a slew of great new books, including the beginning of the Hikaru No Go series, the Napoleon Dynamite: Complete Quote Book, Four Letter Worlds, A Certain Slant of Light, The Case of the Prank that Stank, Tell Me What You See, Cryptazoo Crew vol 1, The Final Night, Jingle Belle, and the one I'm most excited about: My So-Called Digital Life (2,000 teenagers, 300 cameras, and 30 days to document their world) -- oh, and have I mentioned Graffiti World: Street Art from 5 Continents? (The last two are a couple of artistic and interpretive and expressive books -- delightfully put together, beautifully arranged, and graphically impressive.)

    So I'm contemplating a teen knit/crochet club here at the library. What do you think about that? Is there enough interest out there? I've recently starting knitting afghan blocks, so of course, I'm intersted....

    Oh -- and I just finished the current Battlestar Galactica series (we have season 1 on DVD). Loved it! Guess I'm going to have to start checking out the classic series and recording the Friday night eps and looking out for those marathons. Something about this space sci-fi.... If you like space sci-fi, don't forget to check out these books from the On a Space Odyssey booklist.

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments