av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Tuesday, January 10, 2006

    BOOKENDS
    Heavy Metal and You by Christopher Krovatin
    He wears spiked wrist bands, listens to heavy metal, and gets smashed with his friends. She drinks coffee at Starbuck's and enjoys posh meals with her preppy friends. Nevertheless, boy meets girl, falls head over heals in love, discovers huge dilemma.
    This is a fairly typical different-sides-of-the-tracks love story where the two fall in love, expect huge changes in each other, and can't stand the other's friends and interests. What makes this different is that it comes from the guy's perspective and there is actual real emotion and caring apparent; also, the heavy metal and audio-motion button symbols. For a short book, it took me a while to get through and didn't get me overly involved, though there were interesting and defining moments in the relationship that rang true.
    Y FICTION Krovatin

    OK. That one's read and now I can return it. Next on my pile is a graphic novel that we don't own, but that I'm considering buying. I'm about halfway through it and am enjoying. Quite probably it will be reviewed and bought tomorrow, so I won't spill any more about it here and now.
    Hope you've had a swell day. I'm excited about the sunshine we saw and the lengthening of days!
    Oh -- our Teen Advisory Group is meeting on Saturday. If you want to join us, let me know.

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments