av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Thursday, December 01, 2005

    NECN & RACY READS
    Well friends, the time has come for the YA librarian at FPL to be famous (outside of this blog and the graphic novel collection)! OK, so not really famous, but New England Cable News (NECN) interviewed me on Tuesday (saying I came highly recommended) for a story about racy teen lit -- you know the type, the books The Au Pairs, The Gossip Girls, Doing It, and such. It was on TV last night. I was a little too chicken to watch it, but I did record it and plan to watch it sometime in the near future. I've received good reviews, however, and if you want to see it, you can find it online under the title "Young readers snap up new set of racy reads." It made Tuesday a crazy day here, organizing the shelves, fixing up the furniture, filling the displays, making sure my clothes were good (and hair! -- yes, I do care about those things, though with such short notice, there wasn't a lot I could do to improve upon the situation). And then that was that. Wow. Rather exciting!

    On another front, Time Magazine had an article about books & movies and which are better. I haven't had the chance to read all of it, but a quick skim proved interesting.

    I've just started reading Dream Merchant -- what a book! Adventure, dream travel, and so much more -- I don't want to put it down!

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments