av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Monday, September 26, 2005

    BATMAN & MANGA & MORE
    So I spent the weekend flat-out with a cold, and let me tell you, my friends -- being cooped up unexpectedly in a house without having checked out a variety of books and videos beforehand is absolutely NO FUN! Luckily I had the first of the Batman/Murderer -- Bruce Wayne: Murderer? -- to read, and it, of course, was a delight. If I hadn't already read the three following books I would be dying to snatch them up right now. And so then I started Baron: The Cat Returns which is a single-volume manga about a girl who rescues a cat on her way home from school and is then honoured by the feline royal family and expected to wed their prince. I'm not very far into it, but despite not being very well manga-read, I'm enjoying it.
    A little forewarning -- the furnace in the library has not yet be reassembled from the summer, so things are a little chilly in here. If you're coming in to stay a while, bring a sweater!

    New Books: Wizard's Holiday by Diane Duane; Marque and Reprisal by Elizabeth Moon; Silverfin by Charlie Higson (a young James Bond adventure); Twilight by Stephanie Meyer; Wild Roses by Deb Caletti; How it Works by Graham Marks; and Paul Moves Out by Michel Rabagliati. Good stuff here!

    MEEBO
    Have you ever wanted to access your chat messenger, only to discover that the computer you're using doesn't have the program downloaded? Try meebo. If you already have screen names and passwords, you can use meebo directly from your web browser without downloading anything new. It is lacking in some features, but works well for chat and will be exceedingly useful if you come to the library and discover that AIM isn't downloaded on that particular machine....

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments