av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Wednesday, June 11, 2008

    FROM THE INTERN #3
    A Stone in My Hand by Cathryn Clinton
    Malaak is 11 years old. Her father is missing, her brother is rebellious and her country is at war. Every day Malaak sits with her companion- a bird named Abdo- on the roof of her house, waiting for her father to return and trying to stop her brother from joining the war. A Stone in My Hand is a story about the conflict in Gaza between the Israelis and the Palestinians, told from the point of view of a young person caught in the middle of it. It’s a terrific read, and it gave me a better understanding of a part of what is going on in the Middle East.
    ~Erin, YA Intern

    Labels:



    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments