av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Tuesday, May 20, 2008

    COMIC BOOK READING
    With the Iron Man movie just out and the upcoming Batman and Hellboy and Incredible Hulk films, superhero comic books and graphic novels have suddenly taken over much of my reading again. I worked my way through the three Birds of Prey GNs we have, thoroughly enjoying them (for the most part) -- they combine a multitude of DC comics characters, centralizing on Barbara Gordon, aka Batgirl, aka Oracle, and the female superhero group she puts together. In the middle of one of the titles, there was a year-long break, during which the Infinite Crisis happened. OK, so I'll admit that I was a little annoyed to see that break in the middle of one of the books I was reading, but I came to the library the next day and picked up The OMAC Project: Countdown to Infinite Crisis, and now I'm waiting for Infinite Crisis, which happens to be checked out.
    Anyway, all this to tell you that there are some fabulous superhero comic books out there, and I hope you're finding what you want at the library -- and if you're not, please recommend some. (But if you want to read Iron Man, you're going to need to put in a request, because he's super popular right now!) Be looking for more coming to the shelves soon!

    Labels: , ,



    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments