av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Thursday, April 24, 2008

    END OF WEEK NOTES
    So the internet came back yesterday afternoon, and we've been going strong ever since. However, next Monday and Tuesday (and maybe Wednesday) the public internet will be down again while we make a few changes to our system. I tell you, though, it was pretty interesting to work without computers yesterday -- I found it strangely satisfying to still be able to find books on the shelves even without being able to look them up in the catalog first. Think you have a librarian's brain? Try it sometime -- take a nonfiction book you've never heard of and try to find it on the shelves of the library. It's kind of a fun scavenger hunt!
    It's school vacation week, as most of you know. It was great having so many of the local teens in at the library for various things this week. I hope to see more of you -- and don't forget to stop by my new office to ask questions or say hello.
    I'm off to the Reference Desk now for the night. Enjoy June in April!

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments