av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Wednesday, January 24, 2007

    AWARDS!!!
    I've been a little late to make this announcement, but the sites were so busy with all the people trying to get the news, that I thought I'd wait. But now, without further ado, the Michael L Printz Award for excellence in literature written for young adults goes to... American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang! That is great news!! A graphic novel I rather enjoyed reading.
    The runners up are
    The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation; v. 1: The Pox Party by M. T. Anderson (which I am totally looking forward to reading); An Abundance of Katherines by John Green (which I thought was lots of fun); Surrender by Sonya Hartnett (which, sadly, I don't even remember buying); and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (which I keep meaning to read and will definitely look for now)


    Coretta Scott King Book Award recognizing an African American author and illustrator of outstanding books for children and young adults was awarded to Copper Sun written by Sharon Draper. The Road to Paris by Nikki Grimes was the runner up.


    The Margaret A. Edwards Award for lifetime achievement in writing for young adults was awarded to Lois Lowry, author of The Giver.

    There were also 10 books awarded the Alex Award, for adult books with teen appeal.

    Enjoy the reading possibilities!


    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments