av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Friday, May 05, 2006

    STILL IN BRAZIL
    My it's been forever since I've written -- I apologize!
    I have read two more summer reading books: My Thirteenth Winter and Flip-Flop Girl. I would bookend them, but I fear I don't have enough time online today to do so. I am currently in Ijui but leave for Cruz Alta in about 1.5 hours.
    Nevertheless -- My Thirteen Winter is about a girl who discovers she has a learning disorder related to numbers -- even though she excels at a variety of subjects at school. It's a great autobiography, combining memories with current thought.
    Flip-Flop Girl is a simpler story about a girl who moves to a new town after her father dies and has to adjust to a new school and living at her grandmother's house -- not an easy transition. She errs along the way, but does manage to make friends and eventually come to grips. A nice story.
    That's all from Brazil at the moment. Remember to visit the library and READ!

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments