av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Wednesday, March 15, 2006

    NOTICE THE BOOKS
    I have no idea how many of you are fans of Edward Gorey, but I think he did some fantastic stuff. We have two of his books in the graphic novel collection: The Doubtful Guest and The Gashlycrumb Tinies. I discovered just the other day The World of Edward Gorey -- chock full of stories and art and history -- and his dark sense of humour. My brother and I used to get so much joy out of looking at Edward Gorey's work.
    When you're in the library these days, don't forget to take a look in the book bin (behind the *new* books) to see what other people have been checking out (and returning). I'm sure you'll find something there that appeals.
    I'm currently reading Undine -- and really liking it. I was intrigued by the description -- I'm always intrigued by things dealing with water, and so far it's holding up pretty well.

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments