av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Tuesday, February 07, 2006

    POTATO CHIPS & FOOD BOOKS
    I hate to admit it, but it's not even 10.30 in the morning and I'm already craving the sour cream & onion chips that I packed for my lunch today (I've already eaten most of the bag). It puts me in the mind of food & recipes, and since I'm sitting in a library, I immediately think of books. Now, regular recipe books begin in the nonfiction with the call number 641.5xx; there are also recipes frequently included in books about different countries. However, there are even recipes and food talk in fiction books! Here are a few:
    Flavor of the Week by Tucker Shaw
    My Cup Runneth Over by Cherry Whytock
    Girls Dinner Club by Jessie Elliot
    If you want more, maybe a mystery in the adult section or a picture book from the children's section, here are more of the great fiction books that feature food!

    And just a reminder (that I can't believe I'm making) -- please don't rip up our magazines! Thanks!

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments