av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Monday, January 23, 2006

    AWARDS & SNOW
    Yes, the library is open today, even with all the snow, which seems to have stopped or slowed considerably.
    Meanwhile, the American Library Association has announced the award winners for this year today -- and I'm very happy to say that John Green's Looking for Alaska won the Printz Award -- yahoo! -- I loved that book! Runners up were Black Juice, I Am the Messenger, John Lennon: All I Want is the Truth, and A Wreath for Emmett Till.
    Jacqueline Woodson won the Edwards awards for lifetime acheivement in YA lit.
    There's some exceptional reading here. Pick up an award book today! I'll get some lists out, too, within the next couple of days (hopefully). Happy reading!

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments