av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Monday, November 07, 2005

    THINKING ABOUT BOOKS
    I've been asked to pick the books for the staff recommends for the library newsletter in December -- and they're due on Wednesday. So while I'm busily trying to put together a teacher inservice for Thursday morning, I'm aslo trying to pick three of the best books I've read in the past 2 years and write up short blurbs about them. I think I've finally picked a theme ("almost alone, but not quite") and the books, but while going through the lists, here are some of the gems I've considered:
    Trinity by Matt Wagner
    Looking for Alaska by John Green
    Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
    Blankets by Craig Thompson
    as hot as it was you ought to thank me by Nanci Kincaid
    Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve
    Sea of Trolls by Nancy Farmer
    Sorcery & Cecelia by Patricia C Wrede
    Sunshine by Robin McKinley
    Vogelein by Jane Irwin
    I feel like I've read so many great things recently that it's practically impossible to pick only 3-4 to recommend. Be sure to pick up a copy of the December newsletter or check online to discover what I picked!

    It's a week past Halloween -- how much candy do you have left?
    I'm sure there's more I could say... like about visiting the Post Office today and picking up Disney stamps (with Alice in Wonderland, based on the book, which I love); or struggling to find snacks to get me through the day, even though I have a pretty good lunch waiting for me at 1; or that despite having checked some out, I'm not even reading anything particularly entrancing at the moment.... And yet, life rolls on. Happy Monday!

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments