av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Thursday, November 17, 2005

    COMFORT READING
    When the weather gets like this -- dark so early, crisp and cool, sometimes stormy -- it makes me want to curl up with one of my "comfort books" (those books I keep going back to again and again). Therefore, I've decided that maybe I should create a list of a few of those fabulous titles in preparation for the coldm, dark season ahead.
    Beauty by Robin McKinley
    Alice's Adv in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
    Princess Bride by William Goldman
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
    Alanna quartet by Tamora Pierce
    Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
    East by Edith Pattou
    Seventeen Ways to Eat a Mango by Joshua Kadison
    Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
    Travis McGee series by John D. MacDonald
    There are more, of course, but this seems to be a good list for this winter, interspersed, of course, with the variety of other titles that I shall be reading, also.

    We had a great, if short, Biblionix meeting today at the high school -- short because of the ringing of the fire alarms about halfway through. As always, there was animated conversation about books and writing and movies and music; we welcomed a couple of people who hadn't attending biblionix before, and everyone checked out a few of the *newest* books that the public library has to offer. We also had a briefing on "heavy" books -- or some of the biggest, fattest pieces of wonderful fiction that are in the school library: Mists of Avalon, Bee Season, Cider House Rules, Kristin Lavransdatter, Siddhartha (not quite so fat), and others that I can't remember. I think I'm going to have to check out some of these, since I've read very few.

    And so does it for the Thursday night book pick. I think there are enough things typed up there to more than make up for it! Maybe I'll do one for tomorrow instead. Thank you and good night!

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments