av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Tuesday, October 11, 2005

    AFTER THE WEEKEND
    Looks like I haven't written anything for a while, but take into account a 3-day weekend, and that pretty much explains it. I hope you had enough to keep you busy over the weekend, but not too much in the way of homework! I read Alex Robinson's Tricked this weekend. I quite enjoyed it. It's probably a touch too much for our teen graphic novel collection, though.
    Good news about the furnace -- it should be up and running sometime today (we're hoping!).
    Have you heard of the show Wonderfalls (Wikipedia link)? It's something I recently discovered at the library on DVD -- it's a random little show that takes place at Niagara Falls -- the main character, a cynical girl with a philosophy degree from Brown University that has rendered her virtually unemployable, works at a gift shop where inanimate creatures (starting with a wax lion) begin telling her what to do -- and she does it! As she obeys the creatures with faces, life around her begins to change, in rather odd ways. Anyway, my short new obsession. I'm almost through disk 2; disk 3 will be watched shortly and then back on the shelves!

    NEW PORTUGUESE FICTION
    Received a bunch of new portuguese YA fiction today -- Meg Cabot's Princess Diaries books, Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider series, Philip Pullman's Golden Compass.... Vem -- pega os livros emprestados!

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments