av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Wednesday, September 07, 2005

    CORALINE
    Seems like I'm forever talking about this book -- but this time I want to inform you that it's being made into a movie! Neil Gaiman announced it on his site, but I actually discovered it through IMDB.com. The problem is, I can't remember if I've talked about it before on this blog and have just forgotten, or if this news is actually *news*.... There are all kinds of opinions about it, but truth be told, I am interested to see how they turn the delightful book into a movie worthy of it.

    BOOKENDS
    Top 10: The Forty-Niners by Alan Moore
    This prequel to the other Top 10 stories, superheroes are being filtered out of the mainstream post-war world and into Neopolis, where they suddenly become ordinary citizens, since they all have secret identities and/or super powers. Sky Witch and Jetlad arrive in the new city, hardly ready for the new life that awaits them -- the new friends, new jobs, and new challenges -- have you ever tried running a city whose sole inhabitants are huge-ego superheroes...?
    I have given much praise to the Top 10 books we have, but this one left me wanting. It had its moments, but overall it felt a bit lacking in comparison. Nevertheless, it does show a bit of the foundation of the Top 10 series, so it does carry some good background info.
    Y GRAPHIC NOV Moore

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments