av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Monday, August 29, 2005

    CORALINE
    I get a comic sent to my inbox everyday -- one dealing with libraries, if you can believe that (I even bought one of the books for the collection, which you can check out). Yesterday's strip was a full-colour comic about the book Coraline! Check it out (remember, Coraline is part of the summer reading long list -- it's a fab book!).

    BOOKENDS
    What My Mother Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones
    Sophie's life -- her parents hardly speak: her mom watches soaps, her father works; she has two best friends and can't seem to figure out the true feelings of her heart. It's the life and love of a 15-year-old girl living in Cambridge MA-- all the ups and downs included.
    Sonya Sones writes her books in loose poetry -- brief poems comprising of a page or two mark each 'chapter' division and make for easy, fluid reading. I liked this simple story.
    Y FICTION SONES

    MONTREAL
    I was in Montreal this weekend; saw bookstores, but didn't make it to any libraries and didn't get to talk to too many people. But, I tell you, if you ever want a caricature drawn, that's the place to go. I saw so many caricature artists....

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments