av

 

the Framingham Public Library





    follow me on Twitter

    fplteenlib
    fplteenlib@hotmail.com
    fplteenlib
    443550364

    facebook me





    magic mirrors

    bookends



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


     

    Saturday, October 04, 2003

    PRE-CONCERT BOOK DISCUSSIONS
    I was at the Uncommon Coffeehouse last night, waiting for the concert to begin, when my friend, who works at a museum and loves YA lit, asked me what (good) books I've read recently and what some of my favourites are. These are the ones we talked about:
    Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
    Love Among the Walnuts by Jean Ferris (she also liked Once Upon a Marigold)
    The Quartets (Alanna, Daine, Keladry) by Tamora Pierce
    The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
    Thirsty by M.T. Anderson
    Hope Was Here and Rules of the Road by Joan Bauer
    Coraline by Neil Gaiman (October's Book Discussion book)
    After we got through all that, we then discussed the popularity of manga, British imports, and diary-styled books. A lot of good stuff out there! Feel free to send me your input!

    Comments: Post a Comment
    0 comments